Friday, July 13, 2012

Lighthouses don’t go running all over an island looking for boats to save; they just stand there shining. -Anne Lamott


So the East Coast 
[as you'd imagine being half way around the world pretty much]
 has definitely held a lot of firsts for me..


Including the first time seeing.. and CLIMBING a light house!
Since my only experience with lighthouses was in pictures and hearing about them from my cute husband this was such a fun day for me..

 

We wouldn't get along very well with Jack Sparrow or Captain Barbosa..
I think that we don't understand why we all can't be captain and nobody has to be marooned on an island.
:)

 

These are our good looking friends Jacki and Kade while we were climbing to the top of the light house.
[Since all of the pictures Blake and I took got deleted in our freak camera accident I had to steal Jacki's.. :) & yess.. I hadddd tooo. What a cute memory to go to waste because of an unhappy camera]
 

Then we finished our cute Sunday outing with a walk on Jersey Shore!
[Nope.. no Snookie.. not that I'm the best person to recognize her in the first place.. but I'm telling you this with confidence since I'm pretty sure this was actually some people's back yard instead of a public beach... but we don't actually understand how a beach backyard works so we took the liberty of playing anyway]

& Since I stole Jacki and Kade's pictures..
Can I just tell you that honestly the best part of being all the way out here is not the lighthouses or the fireflies 
[& that means a lot coming from me.. I love those little guys]
It's definitely the friendships that we've been able to make. These people are so confident and fun and are just always there for us.. and we love them.


I know that God has a reason for everything.
& I'm convinced that these sweet friends are definitely a big part of this summer.

I love you all and hope you're getting a chance to see all of the quiet blessing in your life as well.
Have an wonderful weekend my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment