Friday, July 27, 2012

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. -Tenneva Jordan


Happy Birthday My Sweet Beautiful Momma!


Since you are SO busy partying
[Yes.. I know what you are thinking.. how could my family.. my own flesh and blood.. party without ME. I thought the same thing naturally..
But it's okay friends.. I have decided.. although it's probably hard to.. they may have a little bit of fun without me sometimes]
& Saving poor women on the side of the road today that I have hardly got to speak with you..
So I thought I would just blog to you..


I know that everyone will tell you that their mom is the best..
But I'm telling you.. Mine really is.
She is the most selfless person in the world. I think this blog quote is perfect for her.


She always has put me and my brother and sister before everything.

She has taught me how to love, to serve, and how to have a relationship with my Heavenly Father.
She has taught me how to be creative and love reading and learning.
[She is always making cute things for others and.. it may come as no surprise that my roommates and friends have always loved her]
She has sacrificed everything for me to give me the life that I've wanted.. & for that I wish I could give her the world.

 
[If you can hear her thoughts saying.. "oh Haillleyyy" like I can.. then yes this is a good depiction of our life.. haha] 

She is the poor mom that always heard about the treats that I needed in class the night before and made them anyway..
She was the sweet woman who would speed back to the school because I forgot my lunch money.. or my homework and it was due.. NOW.

When I had nightmares or was sick.. she was always up with me praying and making me feel better.
 
She holds me when I cried and makes me feel like everything will be okay..

She selflessly sacrificed her time and drove me [oh yeah and all of my friends and everyone.. I ever met..] around everywhere before I could drive... 

& I can't remember one Holiday that she doesn't have a surprise or fun celebration for us..


Now if you know me now.. you probably wouldn't believe that I could ever be over dramatic..
But this story gives you an idea of what a joy it was to raise me..
[oh yeah.. and probably how life still may be..
& always makes me feel bad for my poor mother..
I hated/hate shots [blood, needles, doctors, pain,.. blood]
& one time when I had to get my shots I after screamed and announced 
that I surely could no longer walk.
After some convincing me that  I could walk..
I yelled on the floor.. and then.. dramatically [and loudly] drug my "dead leg" out to the car for the whole office to hear.

My poor poor.. poor patient mom.
You have to love those children who are not afraid to make a scene..


This is one good woman.. that I am so grateful puts up with me, loves me, and gives me everything..
& I am sure proud to call her mom.

I hope you had the best birthday Mommy..
I wish I could have been there.
I love you more than anything.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment