Friday, January 20, 2012

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." -Beattie Melody


Oh good morning my friends.



So guys..
[as may be apparent to most of you]
I changed my blog.  
& I'm I may or may not be sure about it yet..

But I received some good constructive criticism from a friend who was concerned he couldn't read some of it with my background.. & I'm really grateful for someone's input. 
So hopefully now it's more readable.. 
Is this how it's staying?
I'm not making any promise yet.
:)

Second order of business..


Even though I feel as if I have become a blogaholic compared to how I used to be, so goals might not be necessary.. 
I have promised myself [and you guys of course] to blog at least 2 times a week.
[Which can I say that I have blogged 10 this month.. vs. 40 last year.. yeah. new years resolutions are going welllll]
I read in one of my family psychology books that it's a healthy practice to write down and narrate your life.
Which is funny because my church has always been so supportive about journaling growing up, so I figure that must be a true principle. 
SO I'm trying it.. and I will definitely be reporting on if I feel more emotionally healthy at the end of this year.

Now besides for my blog,
My apartment has been getting a nice remodeling as well.. 


[Can I just say how excited I am about having my own house to decorate..  ah. counting down the days.]


 Do these look a little familiar? 

This week [in between homework and internship searching] 
 I had to get a little bit crafty for our other wall.


Since I was definitely on a budget and a time constraint this was what I came up with..
I bought really cheap wooden block cut outs and scrap book paper.

Then I traced them on the scrap booking paper [make sure you trace them on the side that you are NOT wanting to cute and you trace them backwards.. I definitely learned that one the hard way] & just cut them out.
Then with a little bit of modge podge you can glue them on top of the wood..
& voila.

[These wood cut outs were super light weight.. so if you use the same ones you can just stick them up there with sticky tac.]


 Super easy. cheap. colorful. wall decorations.
What more could a girl ask for.


 & lastly..


Can I just say that I am so happy that you guys are here. 
So happy that you are in my life and have created so much more love and friendship in my life. 
So happy that there are those of you who read my blog and motivate me..
So happy that you guys make me so dang happy.

Thank you. I am SO grateful for all of you.



oh.  really last last order of business.
[kind of like p.s.s. those are still allowed right?]
 If you are in Rexburg:
Blake just text me and said..
 look at the good news FWD: Today @ Gator Jacks: Buy a Sandwich & Get a FREE Combo Meal Upgrade! That's Free Chips & a Free Med. Drink when you buy a sandwich!

So I know where we will be today! Hope to see you there!

Happy Friday Everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment