Monday, August 18, 2014

Independance Day

[July 4, 2014]
 
While I am on the subject of reasons there are to love this Eastern Idaho home I have spent the last 5 years in...


I have genuinely never seen anyone do the Fourth of July better..
In the last couple of years it has become one of my favorite days of the summer.
But I think my in laws are probably mostly to thank for this fun American summer celebration..

Blake's cousin Rebecca and her husband Lonnie invite the whole extended family over and make us all an AWESOME breakfast while we all sit around enjoying the Idaho Falls Fourth of July Parade..


& Then we spend the whole rest of the day picnic-ing and talking and playing, so much eating, baseball games, and swimming..


And this year unfortunately my poor pregnant body was TIR-ED.
So I snuck away and took my first belly picture [[& a nap]]
 I was about 16 weeks pregnant in this picture..
I felt like I was showing a TON at this time in my life compared to my normal belly but I had quite a time convincing everyone else of my largeness..

 

And then the BEST part for me of this Fourth of July celebration this year...
Was the free [for us] Beach Boys concert given for Eastern Idaho..
Way awesome.. they had beach balls being bounced around, and by the end of the night all of the old couples were dancing around showing us their 60's moves..
[um so.. cute.. and slightly more wholesome than today's high school Prom]
& Everyone of all ages was up belting out all of the popular Beach Boys songs..
I absolutely loved it. 

& Much to Blake's embarrassment I think that besides for our brief encounter with Ben Stiller in New York.. they may have quite possibly been the most famous people I have ever seen!
{I mean seriously everyone knows who the Beach Boys are.. right.. this is a big deal}


And of course this celebration wouldn't be complete without the fireworks.

This year in Driggs a man put on his own huge private show..
 [I believe he is also the one that paid for the Beach Boys concert.. so a wealthy man..]
& He had it set up so we could lay on the grass and right along side of us fire works were shooting up making it completely bright just every where around.

You may not believe it [because I definitely didn't at first] but Idaho Fireworks are actually very highly ranked and quite the sight to see.. 
If you ever get a chance to see them they are definitely worth your time.

These Idaho Fourth of July celebrations definitely remind me that I am absolutely PROUD to be an American, we are so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment