Monday, October 6, 2014

Dr. Bingham

We have a little while before Dr. Bingham is official..
But it has a nice ring to it doesn't it?

Last week Blake convinced me to come in so that he could check my eyes and practice with all of the real equipment..

& Even though he practices on me at our kitchen table with the equipment he can bring home..
[I am pretty sure he probably has all of my prescriptions and eye flaws memorized, and after a couple more times I am pretty sure I will have those eye charts down.. so hopefully I don't get replaced with a more challenging patient soon..]

I was dying over this more official examination.


Oh my heavens.. how handsome is this guy in his doctor lab coat..
For the whole first part of the examination practice he had to keep reminding me to look forward at the letters and not at him.

{Unfortunately the letters weren't looking cute and more official than I had seen them before..}

I am pretty convinced I am going to be blind from all this practicing by the time Blake graduates Optometry school,
& we still have quite the road ahead of us.. this schooling experience is harder than either of us anticipated,
AND I have definitely never seen my calm cool collected patient husband so stressed..

But I sure love this Optometry student. In fact, I can't tell you how much I love this hardworking Optometry student.

It's so fun watching him working towards what he has always wanted to do and I have been so impressed with him.. he wakes up at 5:30 every morning
 [which is extremely amazing for Blake because he is definitely the night owl of the two of us]
 and even though if we are spending time together in the morning it's definitely me helping him study.. he always works really hard to include me and make sure his priorities are right.

And just in case I haven't been mushy/impressed enough..


I feel like it's necessary to point out the fact that..
He also  saves me from these ridiculous creatures I find in our house.. and hardly even makes fun of me
that much.

Where even are we living?! 

I don't know if it's that our house was built back in the stone age or if it's just Texas and the heat and humidity but I have never seen so many bugs [or salamanderish creatures] in my place of residence.

I am getting  pretty good at getting rid of the bugs on my own,
[cockroaches are disgusting enough to be in their own category and don't count as bugs.. right?]

But coming home to this little guy, it didn't seem appropriate to squish him or flush him and I definitely don't have what it takes to grab him in a kleenex to throw him outside..
So when I called Blake in a panic he only laughed a little bit and talked me through the situation until he got home and could remove our little prisoner from the premises.

It's all going to be worth it. It's all going to be worth it. It's all going to be worth it.

This is my daily mantra.. I'll let you know in 4 years how it's working out for me..

But moral of this blog post.. people can be pretty amazing.. like in this situation, my husband,
 I find him pretty amazing.
I know that we are on this earth to work hard and then we will be able to reap the fruit of our labors and they will be so much more rewarding than if they had come easy.

Thank you Blake for being such a loving hard working man, and a pretty darn good looking eye doctor in training. 
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment