Monday, September 15, 2014

A Night Out On the Town


So although first I have to say it is so different living in a city.. driving can be absolutely crazy..
[The East Coast was busy but New York City has subways and it was just a different experience]
But it also can be SO fun.. San Antonio feels so alive to me.


I have been SO proud of this sweet man of mine.. Optometry school is hard and busy.. and he has been working so hard at doing well in school and being a good husband.
It's definitely been an adjustment for us, there is a lot less together time than I wish there was with my class being at night and how hard Blake's 22 credits are.

But the time we do get to spend together he definitely makes count..


Saturday night [after Blake spent the day at a gold tournament and we got to go to an awesome conference for church] we decided we needed a night out together to do something fun, and without complaining about being tired he sweetly took me out to the San Antonio International Music Festival..


These were our excited faces.. {If you can't tell..} when we walked around the corner and heard the drums and accordions and guitars and singing and saw all of the excitement and lights..


The festival was amazing.. most everything was in different languages.. but just to feel how alive everyone was and how happy {especially at like 10 o'clock at night} we were lovvving it.  These are our kind of people.
& Even though nobody on EARTH knew what they were saying.. 
[& by nobody.. I mean me.. probably someone on earth might have known]
It was impossible to not to want to dance and sway along with the music.

{Just another side note.. can you tell I am 6 months pregnant in this picture.. I am vowing for the next 3 months to wear nothing but tight clothes so that maybe someday everyone won't think I am dreaming this little baby up]


And then by some miracle I think we got the best seat in the house.. 

Sitting on this beautiful fountain centered right with the stage.. I was in heaven.
I wish I could pause time and keep this handsome man with me always. 
We stayed and laughed and just enjoyed being together until the bands refused to play any more music and everyone started clearing out..

It was such a fun atmosphere, it almost all felt like a dream.



I am so grateful for our opportunity to be in San Antonio and for the nights that we get to take a off from hard work and just enjoy life.

I feel like since money has been really tight around here we have been a little discouraged about going out as much as we would like to.. but I can't believe when you really look around how many things there are to do that are actually free.
{Except for parking.. nobody in San Antonio has ever heard the words Free Parking}
You have to look around kind of hard and plan for it.. but I am grateful for what this experience is teaching me about appreciating what we have and making it go a long way. As well as appreciating the experiences and the people we are blessed to be around.

What an adventure life is.

"We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure.
There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open."
-Jawaharlal Nehru

No comments:

Post a Comment