Monday, February 13, 2012

"Some of the secret joys of living are not found by rushing from point A to point B, but by inventing some imaginary letters along the way." -Douglas Pagels

So Blake informed me this week that we were 
"taking the weekend off"

 

& even though I argued.. and told him we had too much to do.. and made lists of things that NEEDED to be done..
I eventually gave in and decided that it would be really nice to have a couple of days to rest and relax.


Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.  ~J. Lubbock

I think that in life we 
[and by we I definitely mean I.. and assume I'm not alone in this]
need to remember to give ourselves a break.


So for our "weekend off" I had [what I thought was..]  
an ingenuous idea..
& If I remember correctly I am pretty sure it came to me right while Blake was in the middle of a quiz or something weird and unimportant he was distracted with..
That didn't stop me obviously [poor guy..]
And I proceeded to ask what his favorite kind of cereal was as a child..
& what him and his siblings used to do Saturday mornings..
& I also [casually of course] brought up cartoons we used to watch..
Then when he started saying Dark Wing Duck and boy cartoons..
 I knew I had to improvise..


SO Saturday morning I made my sweet good sported fiance attend breakfast at 8 o'clock A.M,
and I surprised him with a full blown 
Cereal and Cartoons Breakfast Morning.
Complete with Fruity Pebbles and Despicable Me
[substituting in for boy cartoons]..


Then I spread out a blanket like my mom used to do for me and my brother and sister when we were younger,
& we started out our "morning off"  with Saturday Morning "cartoons" and some cuddling and relaxing in our pajamas.
:) 


& then Blake even agreed to go with me on a walk in downtown Rexburg 
[yes.. still in our pajamas..
and enjoy the nice day and stop for some [free] delicious  
Great Harvest Cinnamon Bread.
Someday I will probably stop mooching and buy some.
Someday.


&
[Once we had decided we had had enough of our pajama party]
  Saturday was also someone specials SWEET SIXTEEN..
& so we definitely wanted to make a special visit.


My cute future sister in law Madisyn turned 16! 
& She is just the sweetest girl you will ever meet..
so of course we had the best time celebrating with her..


Happy Birthday Maddy I sure love you cute girl!


& As you can see we also took the weekend off from our professional picture taking as well.
:)
[taking one good thing off.. deserves another..]

I hope you guys had a relaxing weekend too.
Happy Monday.. & start of a new week.
I hope you all have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment