Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's summertime... sweet summertime. :)

So.. first and foremost..
Happy Fathers Day!!! :)
[a little late.. but.. my Dad doesn't read my blog anyway.. soo.. I guess it's just the thought that counts]



So anyway.. I just wanted to say how unbelievably grateful I am for an AMAZING Dad... who loves me and protects me and takes care of me.
I've been so spoiled and so blessed.. and I can never express my gratitude to my Heavenly Father for letting me have such a wonderful man in my life growing up.
Although my Dad and I have always been very similar.. & had our differences..
I've been more and more grateful for him and more and more aware of his love for me in his decisions as I've grown older..


So Daddy.. thank you soooo much. For everything.
I love you with ALL my heart!

Now second order of business..
Happy First Day of Summer!

Finally!! :) I love the summer time.. I love the warmth and the sun.. and the not school [oh wait.. I still have 24 days of that].. and the snowcones.. and.. everything that comes with summer!


So my life has still consisted of a lot of.... Business...
& class and homework and soo much of that fun stuff...
But the perks to it all?
I've got to make some pretty sweet friends through all the late nights and early mornings of homework & booth running.
This is Aubrey & I with our sweet Heads Up T-Shirts in the library.. annnnd..
The flowers that the boys brought us one morning! :)
How sweet is that...
I guess the whole school in the summer thing isn't all bad..



& as I promised last week.. a recipe!
I've been really wanting to cook with asparagus this semester because I can't really remember ever having it, So I found this recipe and it turned out to be pretty delicious!
It was a very successful first asparagus dinner.



Beef and Asparagus Stir Fry
Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
15 15 30

Ingredients

  • 1 pound beef tenderloin roast, cubed
  • 1 green onion, sliced
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
  • 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1/4 cup butter, cubed
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • Hot cooked rice

Directions

  • In a large skillet, stir-fry the beef, onion, salt and pepper in oil for 3-5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove and keep warm.
  • In the same pan, stir-fry asparagus and mushrooms in butter until asparagus is tender. Return beef mixture to the pan. Stir in soy sauce and lemon juice; heat through. Serve with rice. 
  • Makes: 4 servings.


If you like asparagus give it a try and let me know how it goes! :) The only thing I would say is.. make sure you don't put in the very bottoms of the asparagus. I don't know if it's a common thing that a lot of people know, but mine were really stringy and we had to pick them out. But the rest of the asparagus is yummy. 

But I think that's all for now.. I will definitely be blogging soon because lots mores been going on that I haven't had time to upload the pictures for.. [& what fun is a blog without pictures] SO... more to come soon..
I hope everyone had the BEST first day of Summer ever! & I hope you all have a good rest of your week.. :) 
good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment