Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Oh, the Joys of Conference.

So even though Conference Weekend always turns out to be pretty fun.. this one was absolutely perfect..

My family decided to drive up and meet us in Salt Lake so we got to spend our last weekend with them and seriously- 
I was absolutely ecstatic!


So to get ready to go.. 
Blakey got a little hair cut.. doesn't he look so calm.. and trusting?!

Everytime I am cutting his hair.. I seriously CAN'T BELIEVE I'm actually CUTTING his hair!

It always turns out okay though thank goodness.. so I keep doing it.. as nervous as it makes me and as patient as it makes Blake because I am such a SLOW hair cutter perfectionist always sometimes and HAVE to make sure every single hair on his head is just how it should be..
Poor guy.. thank goodness for our little collection of movies.


& Next on the list we washed, fixed, and got the car all ready for it's little journey..

[And I do just have to point out really fast that Blake REPLACED my CV axle with just him and our friend Chris this last week.. and seriously I can't believe they did it, that was a task if I ever saw one. Blake looked like he had been through a war his hands were bleeding and he was COVERED in grease he looked like he had black pigmented arms.. but on a positive note it runs like a charm now and he saved us a ton of money.. When I got over feeling bad about all they went through I really was so impressed by those two boys..]


Something that my dad always did growing up when he would wash the car was that he would keep spraying the spot where my face was.. like he was spraying me with water..
 If that makes any sense..
& I don't know why but I always thought it was the funniest thing.. and Blake always does the same thing.. 
it must be a guy car washing thing..
But I always start laughing like a little kid.. haha weird.. I know.. but man the joys of getting the car washed 
[especially when you're not the one washing it right.. ]
:)


I also taught myself how to waterfall braid while I waited for Blake to get out of class for our grand finale of preparation..
& Boy was I proud.. haha so I thought it necessary to document it..

And then FINALLY after what seemed like an eternity of waiting for me, since I had the day off and was just counting down the seconds until my dearest husband could take a slight break from his education..
 WE WERE OFF.. On our little weekend adventure..


We got to Salt Lake kind of late-er ish Friday night and so to end our night I got to have the best little date night with my favorite boys.. in the Salt Lake Temple!


I absolutley loved it! & Seriously I loved getting to spend time with these guys and seeing them in the temple.. it was such a perfect sweet experience to start off our weekend.

Then after we picked up my sweet Mom and Sister and had a very late night dinner run..

[Oh man what a good family, they completely spoiled us with food this weekend and we were in food heaven!]



And then early early Saturday Morning we were off to sweet Conference..


The boys practiced their bumming/begging skills..


& Mitchy proved to be very efficient at it.. he got all 3 tickets he asked for.

I always new that boy could make it out on the streets..


This was my family's first time at a live session of Conference and only my second so it was WAY fun having everyone so excited and to get to explore a little with them..






& We got there kind of early just to make sure that we could get in and get a seat.. which I loved because it meant that I got to spend some good quality family time while we waited.. and it was perfect.


Alright now.. who is ready to be absolutely embarrassed for me?.. 
I don't know why I feel the need to share this out loud for the public.. but man guys you have to understand and maybe talking about it will ease the horror! haha

We took a bathroom break before we entered the actual room that conference was in and apparently my skirt got tucked into my garments in back and I was just WALKING around like that, yes with no skirt covering anything in back, until we were almost at our seat and someone..
 [that yes, I definitely didn't know, i'm not sure if thats worse or better or worse ..]
kindly pointed it out to me..
[oh thank you sweet stranger..]

Oh my gosh I seriously thought I was going to DIE! I look around and the couple of rows of people behind me are just looking at me and either laughing or looking at me like they feel bad and are grateful they weren't me right then!
 Luckily we were there early enough there weren't a ton of people and my family had been walking behind me about until the point the girl pointed it out..
So in my head I like to pretend there was minimal damage done.. but talk about scarred for LIFE.
Now I seriously double check everything before I leave the bathroom.. 
I really will probably be permanently paranoid.. 


So ANYWAY.. conference was awesome.. 
I love listening to the apostles I literally always leave with something I know I need to improve and work on and motivation to be better and I am so grateful for their guidance and the gospel in my life.


Then after the morning conference session we got the opportunity to walk around the beautiful temple square a little bit while we were walking back to the car and I just kept thinking..

I can't believe that almost a YEAR ago Blake and I were at this very temple getting married for time and all eternity!

This temple will always have a special place in my heart.



[If only it looked this beautiful in Idaho!]





After conference my family took us to an AWESOME lunch at Sizzler..
 [Did I mention we love when we hang out with the family.. & Blake seriously gained 6lbs this weekend!]

Then we all decided we were stuffed and tired and headed back to the hotel for a little nap..
& When we got home and I started looking through my pictures I had this funny little surprise from when I was sleeping.. 
Haha.. I sure miss this cute girl right now.



That night the boys headed back for their Priesthood Session of conference.. 

& WE got to do some shopping at the wonderful oh so crowded City Creek Mall! 

We checked out Tiffany's and every other store you could imagine, got samples, and just had some good girl time


And then after another amazing dinner.. my family decided they were little party animals today and we went to a late movie at the Jordon Commons..

[Seriously we adore this theater.. If there has ever been another theater so perfect I haven't seen it]



& I was definitely WORN OUT by the end of this weekend..

Since we all had to head back Sunday.. we definitely made Saturday count.. and I am still sad that it is over..
[Blake kept joking around and saying don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. Oh thannnkk youuu Dr. Suess.. haha but he is right.. thank goodness for the fun moments in our lives.]





I love love you my sweet family! 

I am so blessed to have both them and general conference.. 
there really are always so many things to be grateful for..

I hope everyone is having a good start to their week.



No comments:

Post a Comment