Monday, April 2, 2012

Conference Weekend.

So this last weekend was General Conference
[if anyone remembers our journey to Salt Lake last October for a church conference, this is the second one they have of the year]
& of course it was wonderful..
[even if we had to watch this one broadcasted..]

Our Prophet, President Monson, shared a message about the race of life that really stuck out to me.

“In our zeal, let us not overlook the sage counsel from Ecclesiastes: ‘The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong’ (Ecclesiastes 9:11). Actually, the prize belongs to him who endures to the end.”
 
“In this fast-paced life, do we ever pause for moments of meditation—even thoughts of timeless truths?”
-President Thomas S. Monson

Life gets so fast paced that it is easy to lose sight of what really matters.
If you want to be uplifted you can read some of the conference talks..
:)

Then between sessions I was reminded that I am definitely 
marrying myself an Idaho Boy.
haha

Something that I really love about Blake is that he is so darn fun.
He drags me off of the couch and makes me go out and DO things.. that I am so grateful for..
[after he gets me up of course..]


My sweet fiance took me four wheeling and gave me a tour of what he grew up doing..

& while he may be a little more adventurous in his endeavors than me..
[I couldn't even get pictures of the really intense hills because I was terrified of losing my phone]

It was really fun and nice to spend some scary relaxing time with just the two of us 
before finals week and the hectic wedding festivities begin.


I hope you guys enjoyed your conference weekends as well
& were able to be inspired and motivated by the great men giving us direction.

This week I will be crying over have finals week..
[& still school work because my dear school likes to cram everything together to shorten our semesters]
So things might be a little hectic as I'm attempting to pass school and packing my life away.

But when it's all over I will be back.
I love you guys.. 
& hope you had a great Monday.

oh. yeah. & tomorrow will be 16 days.
:)

3 comments:

  1. isn't conference weekend the best!? I love it. So relaxing and so inspiring. cute blog- happy to have found it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw general conference was amazing. holland's talk was one of my favorites! :)
    and what a fun way to spend your free time between conference time!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog...soooo cute! you remind me of me and my husband..we LOVE to go 4-wheeling:) so fun!

    -Adriane

    ReplyDelete