Sunday, July 10, 2011

"In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved." -Franklin D Rooselvelt.



Happy Fourth of July!!


Or technically happy 7th of July at this point! :) But I hope everyone had an amazing independance day weekend!
I know that I sure did...
Not only.. did I get a long weekend away from school.. but my sweet family drove all the way up to Salt Lake to meet me there for the weekend!
I've been waiting for this weekend ever since I heard they were coming up, & it was soo nice to get to see them again!
[It almost felt like it was summer finally for me.. haha wouldn't that have been weird]

I left Friday after I finished all of my stuff for school and got to Utah just in time for dinner!
Something I love about going out to eat with my family... we eat at delicious places.. & my Daddy pays for me :)
I think this was a new appreciation that I aquired since being in college and having a budget.
But a few of the places we ate that I absolutely love  and would definitely reccomend were; Noodles & Company, Sweet Tomatoes (my favorite), and Sizzler..
[delicious]
If you haven't eaten at any of those I would definitely suggest that you try them!

& then Saturday.. my relaxing weekend of vacation began!



Over the weekend.. we toured the Mayan. [& Mitchell practiced his amazing modeling skills... he makes such a cute tiki man]
That is the coolest building  and the most awesome atmosphere.. but we've found the food to not be so fantastic. So I would suggest definitely go there! But.. just get appetizers.
:)



& we walked around downtown Salt Lake and toured Temple Square... which was BEAUTIFUL. As always. I'm always amazed at how well they take care of the ground and think there is no place as picture perfect.

We also found THE Deseret Book..


ha and saw the coolest Joseph Smith in the grove replica.. it was almost as tall as me.
I would definitely say that whoever made it has some serious talent.

We spent lots of time in our hotel..




Swimming lots.. and keeping ourselves entertained in other ways :)
My parents really love it when Mitchy rides around on the luggage trolly like a car.. haha

&& We had an exciting Zoo adventure...


& luckily the Hogle Zoo has picked up a couple dinosaurs for a while.. so we were just in time to see real live prehistorical animals! haha or I guess... maybe not live.. but close enough or why else would they have put them in the zoo..



Some of the dinosaurs even spit out water! & Marah took one for the team and got to experience the spewing water!
Ha either that.. or she was sacrificed and held in the water against her will by my brother..
its all kind of fuzzy really..
:)




& oh don't you worry..  we saw some real live animals too! And they were pretty.. darn.. awesome.


& Since these animals were SO awesome.. we decided to play a little game..


Can you guess who we are?!
[if you can see the animals on the side of the picture it may possibly kinnnd of give it away a little bit]
:)


Haha that's right OF COURSE... we are giraffes!
These giraffes were soo cool they seemed they like they were posing for the camera.. so we wanted to be just like them.
If you see Mitchell make sure to ask him how giraffes fight.. he's pretty professional at it. :)

Now.. for our next contestant in our game..


Who is my cute little sister posing to be?!..



RIGHT again.. what else would she be being than a kangoroo! What good animal imitating skills my family has.. haha
They were soo fun to go to the zoo with..

Now here is the real test..


What in the world is this animal!
We just called it the
flamingo-duck
because that seemed most appropriate but.. if you ACTUALLY knew what it was [not that I think a better name could of probably been ever thought up of course..]
 I would be extremely impressed..

Then after our exciting morning adventure at the zoo, we got to take the ultimate ICEE break!
It was the coolest stand.. I've never seen so many flavors at an icee machine, and after walking around in 100 degree weather all day..
I can't imagine anything more perfect!




Wondering where I get my so cute personality? haha


Well wonder no more... :) [Apparently I got a picture right in the middle of a brain freeze.. either that or he was just secretly reallllly enjoying our delicious icee.. either way.. that picture definitely needed to be put in the blog!]



Then after our fantastic break... and a couple refills.. [and my dear Father discovering that the straw made music if you blew out of it and everyone having to try.. ]
We got to do one of my favorite things ever!


Go shopping in the zoo gift store!!
Now that may be a weird favorite thing ever.. but first.. check out my awesome bowl [that is currently being used to hold all of my fruit] that I found there.. I am SO in love with it! & marah's cute zebra scarf  too of course..
I alwayyys find the coolest stuff at zoo gift shops I love their jewelry and keychains.. & just everything! I think it's so unique and amazing.
I also love how everyone laughs when they ask where I got my awesome stuff and I tell them the zoo!
:)


I must say that our morning out at the zoo was much better than school.. & a really fun break.

Then for the rest of the vacation we did a lot of shopping.. and relaxing..
For the last couple Fourth of July's we found this really cool fair down I think in the provo-ish area and it has such cool stuff!
Last year I went there and got my awesome bag that I was so obsessed with [anyone who's been around me in the past year has probably seen it.. whether you realize it or not! haha]
So this year what I really wanted to do.. was find another one!

& this...


Would be my amazing bag of the year.
I just loovvve it! & they sell these for so cheap!
If you're in Utah for the Fourth of July.. definitely make sure you check out the fairs or I think you're missin out.

SO for the grand finale of the weekend...
We usually watch the fireworks from the stadium of fire but this year they ended up having it the Saturday before the Fourth of July.. Sooo what do we do on the FOURTH?
You have to celebrate Independance Day... ON Independance Day!
We totallly lucked out..
& the Sandy fireworks were being shot off in the parking lot RIGHT directly next to our hotel!
[We were so close that the firefighters trying to dampen the trees around the fireworks were spraying on our cars the whole time!]

So we got to lay down on the lawn and watch the fireworks directly above us..
It was so breathtaking being able to feel them as they explode and watch them fall down on top of you..





& I for one.. can say that
 I am Proud to Be An American
I don't think there is any place better in the world!
When I stayed with a French Family in Paris.. the amazing kids that I got to spend time with told me that my life was their dream life.
I know that I am SO blessed.. and so is everyone else who lives here..
We are so blessed for the people who go out and fight for our freedom. We are blessed that we get to choose what to do with our lives, and live in peace with our families.
I think that people all too often take that for granted.. and it's important to remember that not very many other people have that..
So Happy Fourth of July everyone!

Now on a not so serious note.. and back to my eternal life of school..
:)
How cool is this...


I was completely suprised when everyone was calling and telling me that they had seen my picture ON our school web page!

Our marketing team for our school company used my picture as our advertisement..
& I'm thinking it's pretty cool logging in to my school account and seeing my picture on there..
So thanks guys :) It was a pleasant suprise.
This coming week is our LAST week of business!
So if you're in Rexburg and haven't checked it out yet you totally should.. everything is being sold for like a dollar or two because we have to get rid of our inventory..
:)
So they will be pretty awesome deals!

These coming weeks are going to be pretty busy with school and everything.. so I don't know how awesome my blogging will be..
BUT wish me luck on my finals.. & I will blog as soon as I can.
:)
I hope everyone's still enjoying their summer!
Love and miss you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment