Friday, February 21, 2014

Oh Love Day

 
This probably is going to be kind of a short post..
[Lets see if I can ever keep my talking minimal enough for a "short post" :) ]
But I just couldn't help writing about it.. Even though everyone says that Valentines Day is a commercial holiday made for the candy companies and they talk about how they hate it and aren't going to celebrate it because you should show your love everyday and not just one day a year..
[I know everyone has had to have heard all of this a million times...]
Despite all of that... I just can't help but love it.
:)
 & This year Blake just completely blindsided me and I am still getting butterflies about it.
 
So this year I had to work pretty late on Valentines Day so we just talked about how we would celebrate later in the weekend..
& Blake always jokes with me when I tell him my middle name is fun.. and says that he thinks my middle name should be Responsibility.
[which doesn't sound as exciting as fun.. I think he is confused haha]
But I think it's partially because I am probably the most practical person gift reciever ever..
[& he can never believe I am being serious about it..]
 I love getting gifts that I will use everyday and make the most of our money.
So unfortunately flowers don't really fall under that category..[& don't get me wrong I LOVE flowers] But I always tell Blake maybe when we are older and have more money you can suprise me with flowers but you don't need to buy me them now..
 
& You guys all know when girls say things and don't really mean it.?
 Seriously this time did not feel like one of those times. I try to be pretty honest with Blake about what I want..
So I spent the whole day at work telling friends and coworkers that we weren't doing a whole lot for Valentines Day.. and we definitely weren't doing flowers because they cost a lot and we were trying to save for the move, house, car, etc..
 
 And by the end of the day [since I normally am ALL about celebrating any excuse to celebrate].. I was actually starting to feel a little sad that we were kind of skipping out on actual Valentines Day this year..
 

But.. of course because Blake seems to be able to read my mind even more than I can..
When I got home and walked in everything was absolutely spotless..
And there was my sweet husband with my favorite Artichoke Bacon Spinach Pizza trying to open Sparkling Cider with a can opener.. haha
Seriously I could have cried.
 
 
 
 
& Even more to my surprise Blake had bought me a DOZEN red roses along with my gift and despite the fact that it was late he had planned a date night out...
 
Oh I was completely blind sided, I couldn't stop saying
 "Oh my gosh.. you got me flowers."


& The whole night I kept thinking... everyone should probably get themselves a Blake.
He fills my life with so much love and seems to even know what I want/need before I even realize it. I just keep thinking you'd have to be absolutely selfless to be that aware of someone else's needs.
 
I'm sorry if this is SO mushy.. but this was just one of those life moments that I have a lot lately and want to remember.. where you look around and think how in the world did I get so lucky.
My Heavenly Father must really love me to let me have all of this..
 
I hope everyone had a good Valentines Day..
& Blakey thanks for being so good to me.. you are my greatest blessing.
I love you.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment