Tuesday, January 3, 2012

"Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right." -Oprah Winfrey

Happy New Year My Sweet Family and Friends!


Curious as to what my New Years Resolution is?..
well it is to BLOG MORE. of course
:)

I will try not to use school as an excuse and to be more on top of  sharing my daily adventures..
It's something that I like to do and it makes me feel closer to all of you, 
SO guys.. really. Hold me to my goal.

If anyone needs help making yours still.. I found THIS list that made me laugh so maybe it will be of help to you. 


Bring on 2012.

NOW.. I just really wanted to say thanks to my married friends for all of the good advice on Wedding Planning & Preparing. You guys are awesome.. 
& I am honestly using it.

If you feel like you left anything out.. don't be afraid to keep the advice coming.
:)

Wedding Planning.. is.. going.
Christmas Break was wonderful and I was able to use my couple week break to get lots done..

One of my favorite people.. & best friends I could ever ask for..
Took me on my first dress shopping date!
& we had the morning I've always dreamed of having growing up..

 

My dear friend Kayla took me out to breakfast and then..
[after waiting for the store to open 15 minutes after it was supposed to, and watching, along with the rest of the street, a lady stare at her car while the alarm went off during that whole time.. symbol of good luck? Obviously so.]
she helped me pick out and try on dresses for hours and hours until we both were exhausted and found some that we loved!
The sweet little lady that owned the store waited on me and hand and foot & every minute of the experience was so perfect and fun.


Then the next week my family took me up to Utah to look some more..
AND we found one!

[Now if you are wondering who all my family consists of.. at one point it was my Mother, Father, Brother, Sister, Grandma, AND Cousin. I felt SO lucky that I had so many people who loved me enough to support me and wait as I went through the whole process.
Was I a little worried about us taking up the whole waiting room? 
Actually surprisingly no.. haha it was so nice to just have everyone there together.]


 I do have to say however that NONE of these Dresses are mine.
The one that we got is MODEST of course and has sleeves..
But I want it to be a surprise to everyone so you will see the "real" dress of my dreams in a couple months!

Then, Along with dress shopping I also proposed to.. 
 

My sweet Maid of Honor..

 

AND my dearest dress trooping Brides Maid..
  
& luckily they both said yes! 
[and don't you worry I will tell you all about how I asked them as soon as I ask the rest of my bridesmaids so that I don't ruin the surprise.]

AND..
I decided to recruit my darling Mother to attempt to make all of my flowers for the wedding with me..


Although my room looked like a flower graveyard the last couple days before I left..
I think that it's going to be worth it.
 

So far.. so good.
:)

Now lets just see if I can get them.. along with everything else finished after I start school tomorrow!
Wish me luck.

 
I hope the holidays have been good to you all.. & that getting ready to go back to school isn't too stressful.

I'll be blogging soon! 
Happy Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment